This course type will be released in September 2017 - please contact us for more information at info@upskillLMS.com
Upskill will enable you to build and manage face-to-face/classroom based training courses through the platform.
The powerful course builder provides a step-by-step structure to building your training course. The course builder is broken down into four main sections:
- THE BASICS
The first section collects the core information that will be used to promote and communicate the purpose of the training course.
As with the eLearning courses the information includes the course name, a course description, pricing (if for sale), who the course creators are, who the course is intended for, the relevant course training categories, learner and client testimonials, a course image and any relevant course information pack attachment.
Additional data requirements include:
- Study type (i.e. full time / part time)
- Course duration
- Study hours
- Fee, subsidy and payment option information
- Enrolment requirements
- Units of competence
- COURSE CONTENT
The second section is where you build out the structure of your training course as individual training sessions. You are also able to build a learner feedback survey to be completed at the end of the course.
There are no limitations to the number of training sessions that can be added, with each session containing the following information:.
- Training session name
- Training session description
- Assessment criteria overview
- Training session duration
- Training session resources upload
- Training session communications and reminder emails
- Assessment requirements
The Upskill Assessment Tool enables you to build unlimited assessment questions/options for your training session. Assessment options including automated self-marking questions and also manual marketing assessment options, including:
- Single select questions
- Multiple select questions
- True/False questions
- Matching pairs / drag and drop questions
- Freetext answer question
- File upload answer questions
Manual marking options will be managed through the trainer.
- COURSE SETTINGS
The third section is where you specify how you want the training course to operate and set the management criteria.
UpSkill provides a comprehensive range of management settings, including:
- Manage course licence agreement (These are the terms clients are required to accept when you are selling training licences).
- Add/select delivery venue: add the venue where the training course will be delivered (you can add unlimited delivery locations).
- Add/select the trainer profile for the delivery venue.
- Add training session times: add the date and time for each of the course training sessions for the delivery location and confirm the start and end dates for the complete course.
- Set the number of training seats available for the delivery location (i.e. 25 people).
- Pass/Fail options: you can set if the course requires a pass mark. This will pull the assessment questions built in the Content Section through into the settings and a mark can be allocated to each questions. You can set the required pass mark or % and also how many attempts a learner can have for each question.
- Course auto certification: you have the option to turn on and off the auto-certification feature. This enables you to use either the standard PDF certificate tool or create your own customised certificate design to certify learners who complete your course.
- Course Administrators: Upskill enables you to add administrators to manage the course including moderators, content and publishing approval processes.
- Learner enrolment form: Upskill requires just a first name, last name and an email address in order to administer the training course. But you are able to create and add any type of additional enrolment data collection question.
- Course communications: personalise all of the email communications that are sent to support your training course, such as the invitation and completion emails. You can also set up your own email domain for the sent from email address.
Trainer tools include:
- Emailed and downloadable attendance spreadsheets
- Upload and manual attendance management
- Assessment alerts
- Assessment marking
- Learner message tool (individual and/or group)
- Upload resources
Learner tools include:
- Course information and resources available online
- Pre-learning requirements available online
- Download resources
- Upload assessments online
- Assessment alerts
- Track progress and results
- Communicate with trainer
- Download certification
The fourth and final section of the course builder is for styling your training course. This section provides you with a range of tools to personalise your training course to your brand.
Upskill is based upon standard templates that ensure a professional and consistent learner experience. The branding tools available include:
- Add logo
- Select Font
- Select primary and secondary colour palette
- Apply colour palette to content assets (i.e. image gallery, video player etc)